This one day relaxed workshop will teach you a great way to recycle cloth. You will learn to braid strips of fabric to create a beautiful rug, cushion, place mat or for other application. You shape the rug as it grows, there is no need for stitching.
We will explore colour combinations and braiding patterns. You get a good start so you can expand/complete your rug in your own time!
You will learn heaps and can expect to finish a piece of about 20/30cm diameter to take home.
MATERIALS TO BRING:
- Clipboard (or thin wooden board with a large bulldog clip) to hold your work
- Fabric scissors, tape measure
- Crochet hook (size 3 or 4)
- Few safety pins (medium to large)
- Clean, worn out cloth you would like to cut into rags for your rug. Bed sheets, table cloth, t-shirt in colours you like. Patterned or plain all work well. Don’t cut any cloth before the workshop
- Reading glasses if needed
- Note book
Please bring your own lunch. Coffee and tea provided
DATES: Saturday 7 September 2019
TIME: 9.30 -12.30 and 1.00 - 4.00
COST: $100 (CSW members) /$120 (non members)